About The Bakery
We are on a mission to make the world a more entrepreneurial place and, over the last seven years, our brilliant team have designed and built a unique model and process, which brings together the world’s biggest corporates with the best entrepreneurs and startups – to truly make innovation happen.
Life at The Bakery
Working at The Bakery is a unique opportunity to learn from the best entrepreneurs and investors, to take on their mindset, attitudes and beliefs and apply them to the world’s biggest corporates – making real stuff happen.
You’ll fit in if you care about:
- Believing in possibilities
- Being real
- Getting it done
- Making things better
We want to hire the best, smartest, most diverse, curious and ambitious minds who are excited to come on this journey with us and work in an environment of constant learning and continuous improvement to really make stuff happen. In return we offer a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll be privy to some of the most exciting developments in the world of tech today. We are a sociable office and have regular team outings and events that you will become a huge part of.
About the role
We are looking for an Engagement Manager whose role it is to deliver exciting innovation projects to clients via the world’s incredible ecosystem of entrepreneurs. We’d love to meet someone who is passionate about the world of technology, loves working with clients, is a critical strategic thinker, and wants a new challenge in the fast-growing world of open innovation.
We are seeking people with experience in a client-facing role in a creative, digital or innovation agency environment or equivalent, with experience analysing client briefs, thinking about creative solutions and managing multiple projects. You will learn our process of how to find startups to solve challenges, take technology to trial in the market and then scale-up, through collaborating with our global network of tech startups.
You’ll have the chance to work with some of the worlds biggest global businesses as your clients, developing our global network of startups, as well as meet a constant stream of the most talented early-stage companies who are building amazing technology. We are a small but fast-growing company, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get your sleeves rolled up and learn by doing – and grow with us!
- Work with the rest of the client services team to analyse clients’ briefs and identify territories and ideas for the solution
- Use The Bakery’s network of entrepreneurs to find the right startup tech companies who could answer the brief
- Research the ever-changing tech startup landscape, meeting and reporting on companies you’ve met with
- Plan and manage timelines for your client projects
- Project manage trials that go ahead between clients and startups
- Assist with the planning and organisation of client events
- Become an expert on emerging tech via meeting with entrepreneurs building incredible things!
- Around 5 years’ client-facing experience, ideally in a digital, creative or innovation agency, consulting firm or working at innovation projects at large corporates.
- Fluent English and Portuguese is mandatory
- Strong project management skills
- The drive and motivation to work without structure, process and support – we are a small team, growing quickly and you will be a key part of making this happen
- Must be friendly, fun and keen to get stuck in!