Thank you – we'll be in touch soon!
Working at The Bakery is a unique opportunity to learn from the best entrepreneurs and investors, to take on their mindset, attitudes and beliefs and apply them to the world’s biggest corporates — making real stuff happen.
We are on a mission to make the world a more entrepreneurial place. Over the last four years, our brilliant team have designed and built a unique model and process which brings together the world’s biggest corporates with the best entrepreneurs and startups: taking over 50 new technologies to market. For the next stage of The Bakery journey we are building companies: connecting the best entrepreneurs with client challenges to start new ventures.
You’ll fit in if you are about:
- Believing in possibilities
- Being real
- Getting it done
- Making things better
The opportunity here is as big as your ambition. We want to hire smart, curious and courageous minds who are excited to come on this journey with us and work in an environment of constant learning and continuous improvement.
In return we offer a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll be privy to some of the most exciting developments in the world of tech today. We are a sociable office and have regular team outings and events that you will become a huge part of.
If you feel you meet these requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you’re applying for, alongside a CV and some reasons why you think you’d be a great fit.
Whilst our current vacancies are listed below we are always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team and so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We have scaled significantly over the past five years and now operate from four global hubs: UK, US, Brazil and Australia. We are now seeking a mid-level Business Development Manager whose role it will be to support our sales pipeline across all key territories, with a core focus on the UK. This is an opportunity to learn how to engage with multinational corporations to sell high level and complex innovation programmes on a global scale, and for the right candidate will be a platform towards leading the entire sales organisation.
The purpose of this role is to generate leads amongst prospective clients, managing the entire sales pipeline from meeting to close. Ideal candidates must demonstrate a proven track record in sales with experience cold calling, planning and presenting in face to face meetings with senior stakeholders. Reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing, you will also work closely with the Co-Founders and rest of the Sales & Marketing team
- Set meetings and grow The Bakery’s pipeline of corporate client accounts
- Build a high quality database of relevant leads
- Main focus is the UK, but will need support on our activities in other regions e.g. Brazil, Australia, US etc
- Implement your own sales plan that helps to achieve The Bakery’s overarching goals and objectives, whilst also supporting other teams in the business
- Learn and understand The Bakery’s market position and offerings as well as the competitive landscape in order to represent the business online, over the phone, at events and in face-to-face meetings
- Review systems and tools in place & help improve existing sales processes
- Research relevant targets to generate qualified new business leads & build a database of all leads
- Follow up on all inbound and warm leads, moving them through the pipeline appropriately to ensure follow up and that leads do not drop out
- Work closely with the Marketing and Events Managers to build our communities
- Put together targeted campaigns to reach specific audiences in the corporate sector
- Cold call and email marketing
- Attend first meetings with the Sales Director
- Help with proposals and contracts
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to the management team
- Other duties as required
We’d love to meet someone with a proven track record in sales, with circa 5 years experience.
You’ll need to have the drive and determination to work without structure, process and support. We are a small but fast-growing company, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get your sleeves rolled up and learn by doing – and grow with us!
We are seeking a mid-level Marketing Manager whose role it will be to drive marketing activities across all of our key territories, with a focus on the UK. This is an opportunity to position The Bakery as a leading authority in corporate innovation as well as a destination for the best entrepreneurs worldwide to find relevant opportunities. Reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing, you will also work closely with the Co-Founders and rest of the Sales & Marketing team.
- Manage The Bakery brand and to ensure consistency in its communication across all our materials and marketing channels
- Help to create a comprehensive marketing plan against specific, measurable goals to target the different audiences, for all channels that are effective. This will cover Events, Content, Newsletters, Digital (PPC, SEO), Social, Video, Print etc.
- Execute the delivery of this plan and achieve set goals and targets
- Curate and manage multiple marketing databases to ensure we can target the right audiences with the right messages at the right time
- Get involved with the creation of all sales and marketing materials, including content for print and the web – which could include website, brochures, video, landing pages, blogs etc
- Plan, run and manage events with the Events Manager
- Create and maximise PR opportunities, write press releases and build a warm network of journalists, working with a PR Agency if appropriate
- Create comprehensive reporting and analytics for all goals and targets.
We’d love to meet someone with a proven track record in driving and executing upon a marketing strategy with a strong focus on digital. Ideally you will have worked in an early stage business and understand how to engage with multiple audiences. You’ll need to have the drive and determination to work without structure, process and support. We are a small but fast-growing company, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get your sleeves rolled up and learn by doing – and grow with us!
The Bakery needs an Engagement Manager to join its talented team, to deliver exciting innovation projects to clients via the world’s incredible ecosystem of entrepreneurs. We’d love to meet someone who is passionate about the world of technology, loves working with clients, is a critical strategic thinker, and wants a new challenge in the fast-growing world of open innovation.
We are seeking people with experience in a client-facing role in a creative, digital or innovation agency – so you’ll have experience analysing clients’ briefs, thinking about creative solutions and managing multiple projects. You will learn our process of how to find startups to solve challenges, take technology to trial in market and then scale-up, through collaborating with our global network of tech startups.
You’ll have the chance to work with some of the world’s biggest brands and, by developing and managing our global network of startups, meet a constant stream of the most talented early stage companies who are building amazing technology.
We are a small but fast-growing company, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get your sleeves rolled up and learn by doing – and grow with us!
- Work with the rest of the client services team (current team of 8) to analyse clients’ briefs and identify territories and ideas for the solution
- Use The Bakery’s network of entrepreneurs to find the right startup tech companies who could answer the brief
- Research the ever-changing tech startup landscape, meeting and reporting on companies you’ve met
- Plan and manage timelines for your client projects
- Project manage trials that go ahead between clients and startups
- Helping to plan and organise Bakery events on the changing tech landscape
- Becoming an expert on emerging tech via meeting with entrepreneurs building incredible things!
- You will have between 1 – 4 years’ client-facing experience, ideally in a digital, creative or innovation agency
- A strategic, creative brain and a keen interest in brands and business development
- Effortless project management skills!
- The drive and motivation to work without structure, process and support – we are a small team, growing quickly and you will be a key part of making this happen
- Must be friendly, fun and keen to get stuck in!
We are looking for Strategist to help us deliver exciting innovation projects to clients via the world’s incredible ecosystem of entrepreneurs. In this role you’ll have the chance to work with some of the world’s biggest brands and, by developing and managing our global network of startups, meet a constant stream of the most talented early stage companies who are building amazing technology. To do well here you’ll have the drive and determination to work without structure, process and support as we are small team you’ll play a big role in making stuff happen.
- Support the Engagement Managers in the client services team to help analyse client’s briefs and identify territories and ideas for solutions
- Leverage our network of startups and investors to find the best tech companies and entrepreneurs to match client briefs
- Research the ever-changing tech startup landscape, meeting and reporting on companies you’ve met
- Continually update our database ensuring conversations and new contacts are stored with appropriate filters
- Prepare reports and collateral for client events and research reports
- Become an expert on emerging tech via meeting with entrepreneurs building incredible things!
We’d love to meet someone who is passionate about the world of technology, is a creative and strategic thinker, and wants a challenge in the fast-growing world of open innovation.
Your must-have experience:
- Between 1-3 years experience in a Research environment (e.g. Think Tank, Analyst, Market Research)
- Degree educated – we are particularly interested in graduates who have critical/analytical thinking as part of their studies
- Genuine interest in technology – you might even have studied it. Whilst you won’t build it here you need to understand it at a deep level
- Experience managing multiple project and deadlines
- Proactive can-do attitude!
We want people who are super passionate about:
- Learning from working with the highest growth most exciting new startups of today
- Working with some of the most innovative open minded people within client organisations
- Delivering real results rather than just talking & making powerpoint presentations